Serves 6 to 8.
- 6 oranges, peeled and sliced into 1/44-inch rounds
- 1 banana, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey (optional)
- Splash of Cointreau (optional).In a glass serving bowl, form a single layer of orange slices and top with a few slices of banana. Sprinkle a thin layer of coconut over the top. Repeat layering until all of these ingredients are finished, reserving a tablespoon of the coconut.
Stir together the juices and honey, if using, and pour over the fruit. Follow with the Cointreau, if desired, and a final sprinkling of coconut. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate for several hours.
Recipes adapted from Peter Feibleman